Thursday, May 22, 2008

Testimony

Tonight at Junior High we discussed about what a testimony is as a part of witnessing to others.
I know some of you feel that you have nothing to share But You Do.
I want you all to think about what brought you to Christ.
Perhaps it may have been your upbringing or perhaps you felt alone and needed a place to feel safe.
Perhaps you were curious about others around you that talked about God.
remember testimonies can be good things as well.
eg: Ben D's healing of his shoulder,Sarah Maracle sharing her fathers prayers over a new born baby.
These are all testimonies. Repeat them to others. Share the goodness of them with your friends.These are miracles.

I shared with all of you my testimony tonight when I was a teen mother.
The struggles,the name calling, but most importantly my cry to God for help.
This cry of desperation when I was young has lead me to where I am today.
God answered my prayers that day even when I didn't know what my prayers were.
It took 27 years for His answere.
The answere being I am not alone. I have a best friend in Jesus.
Brandy also shared her testimony on how she came to Christ and her struggle between being a good Christian and still wanting to live in this world as a teenager.
She struggled but God was patient and now she is your Junior High Leader.
Can I get an Amen?
God needed to show Brandy and I the paths that we needed to take. Even when we took the wrong paths God was always by our side holding our hands and gently leading us back to the path He wanted us to take.

Guys I know life can be hard at times but God always answeres your prayers.
Sometimes he may so NO and this can be very dissapointing,but remember He does everything for your own good and in His own time because He loves you so much.

Some of you shared your testimonies tonight and shared of others testimonies and they were all wonderful.
As I said feel free to share these with others. When you share these stories and how God brought good out of bad or happiness out of sorrow or just plain Joy to ones heart this is called witnessing.
Be as brave as Daniel and share away.

Now for another testimony thanks to all your prayers.
God answeres us with Blessings.
Jodie Jenkins wanted me to share with you a heartfelt thank you for our constant prayers for the homeless shelter.
Today a woman came to Jodie and handed him a cheque for $1000 dollars to help in whatever way needed for a new shelter.
Now that is a testimony of your faith and prayers for the homeless.
That is also a testimony on How God works.
Lets now Praise God for sending this wonderful woman into our lives and bless her in our nightly and daily prayers.



Father we thank you for your blessings. We desire to share your good works and abundant blessings with testimony on all that we have received in our lives,beit 10years or 45 years. Thank you Lord for sending this woman to Jodie and may you bless her abundantly as she has blessed us. Thank you for Jodie and his faithfullness to you and his heartfelt love for the homeless in our city.
We love you Lord
Amen

No comments: